Total Viewers

Friday, September 20, 2013

Back at the Weight Loss Lifestyle


I’ve been on a 3 month hiatus from my weight loss blog, because of health issues which crowded my time and energy.  But less you think I have been gaining weight, the good news is I have actually lost pounds even though my time exercising has been greatly reduced because of my lack of energy. 

I think there are two reasons for this good news:

1) Good permanent habits have been formed during my dieting.

2) My appetite has changed my food choices and serving size.  My stomach just doesn’t want so much food clogging it up anymore.  Yesterday Jeannie and I went to Café Rio for dinner.  I had my usual salad/pulled pork and could only eat half of what I normally would.

So the six small meal habit I formed while on Medifast has helped improve my overall food habits.  I eat more fruits and veggies now.  A small meal of nuts and dates satisfies my hunger.  I drink more water than ever before.  My digestive system appreciates these new habits and thereby is less irritable. It is good to keep those intestines happy. 

Even though I will likely have several more surgeries before the end of the year, I intend to up my efforts to consciously shed more pounds toward my ultimate goal of 199 pounds.  As a reminder I started at a very chubby 280 pounds.  For the past year I have hovered in the range of 240 – 260.

When I was on my initial diet and lifestyle change I had many weight loss buddies participating in one way or another.  I invite any and all to watch my progress via this blog and join me in the quest to regain good health.  I would love to hear your stories and weight loss insights.  Let's get this done.              

No comments:

Post a Comment