Total Viewers

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Weight Loss Update ---- as of November 14, 2013

This morning I weighed in at 236.  I have lost 24 pounds in 3 months, with 37 more pounds to lose so I can get to my goal weight of 199.  I use the 6 small meals per day approach to dieting.  It has become my normal way of life.  My stomach has shrunk to where it is natural for me to eat smaller portions.  If I don't, my stomach lets me know I overdid it.  I am satisfied much sooner than I used to be.  Not far into my past it was easy for me to clear a whole plate of food and go back for large helpings of "seconds".

I learned this new life-habit by using Medifast meals and the "Take Shape For Life" system.  Having a coach during my first three months of dieting was the key to my success.  My nephew, Dr. Clifton Brady was my coach.  He specializes in weight loss for people who have 50 pounds or more to lose.  I'm sure there are other programs that work but for me this was the one that finally got me serious about weight loss.

The recent complication that could have thrown me off track has been a series of surgeries that have made it necessary to take pain medication over an extended period of time.  My stomach has rebelled.  Diarrhea, dehydration, cramping, and blotting have become concerns.  I apologize for the graphic details, but perhaps someone will benefit from my experience. 

My doctors have fortunately been able to teach me the three essentials for digestive-system health: 1) fiber, 2) laxative, and 3) stool softener.  I have learned how to successfully use Metamucil and Miralax to provide these three essentials.  I am so amazed at how much better my body feels now compared to 2 years ago when I weighed 280 pounds.  I wish success to all of my readers who may be engaged in or contemplating dieting.  It can be done.      

  

No comments:

Post a Comment