Total Viewers

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Summer 2012 = How to do More Weight Loss


My challenge to all my friends is to lose 25 pounds during the summer of 2012. 

A good strategy for summer weight loss is to plan each day with as many outdoors events as possible.  Today I started with a 30 minute brisk walk in the morning.  Later I will spend time in the garden turning over the soil to prepare for planting in a week or so.  Believe me, for someone my age (59), it is aerobic to turn over the dirt with my four foot long shovel.  I will break more of a sweat doing that than I did on this morning’s walk.   

Jeannie wants to go for a walk this afternoon.  So I will go out one more time and all told will probably be burning over 500 calories doing my training for the day.  Now the trick is to not replace those calories with increased intake, like pop, or sugar or whatever.  My food program has kept me losing weight in a “steady” pattern for many months and it will help me stay on track. 

The most difficult hours each day are from 3PM to bedtime.  I drink water or 5 calorie per glass crystal light and stay away from the kitchen as much as possible.  My family helps by hiding all the trigger foods that start me on a food binge.  They have to be quite sneaky because I know most of the best hiding places.

Right now my daily goal is to beat eat about 1200 calories and 500 calories burned.  I know when I do this I am currently losing 2-5 lbs per week on average.  Now lest you think it is easy for me, I do struggle with food craving most days.  But as long as I win most of the daily battles I tend to keep losing weight.  Every now and then I hit a plateau and tread water for a week or so.  I have a strategy for breaking through those as well, which I have posted previously. 

Every individual has their own journey to change their health lifestyle, and I have mine figured out.  I know how to do this because of the help I received.  The food they provided helped get my caloric intake to a glycemic balance.  My health coach, Dr. Cliffton Brady, is outstanding.  The curriculum materials have taught me the science behind the program.  I never lost more the 25 lbs on any previous diet.  Nothing has worked long term like this program. 

Dr. Brady tells me he can now take on new clients, so I am interested in sending any of my friends who have asked questions about their particular health situation or medications to him.  I am grateful for his willingness to help my friends.  If you are interested in a consultation with him please let me know by email at vanordenr@gmail.com or by signing in at my weight loss website:
http://weightlosspowerusers.com/     

No comments:

Post a Comment