Total Viewers

Saturday, April 28, 2012

"I Love Food"---New Update on my Weight-Loss Quest

I love food.  I love almost any kind of food.  I love how it tastes and feels in my mouth. Food is the essence of life; it sustains us, maintains us, and comforts us. We use food to celebrate, socialize, worship, and work.  Food does take over our life.  Controlling and taking charge of food is the most important part of finding your bodies best health and weight, and thereby happiness. 

It can be useful to think of food as medication.  It affects our body and mind in a similar way to medication.  We use medication with a doctor’s prescription, but we don’t think much about grazing on food almost mindlessly at times.  So how do we seize the moment and take back our life from the constant hunger-games (yes a poor pun, but couldn’t resist).


I have said it before and repeat it here:  gaining great health and weight is 80% the food we eat.  The rest is a good aerobic exercise program.  A food program is an essential part of taking back control of this non-stop part of our lives. 
I am now in my 7th month on my food program.  I had tried about everything on the market to get control of my love for food and my weight without consistent success until I found the Take Shape for Life food program.  Every morning I set up my six small meals for between 1400-1800 calories and that is how I take control of my food and life. It has empowered me in ways I never thought about before; a sense of well being, confidence, enthusiasm for the tasks of the day, more appreciation for the world around me, energy, and consistent happiness. 


There is no longer the pull toward chocolate, sugared candy bars, cookies, ice cream, caffeine and energy drinks, or deserts. Now don’t get me wrong, I do slip up, particularly when I travel or celebrate family events.  But overall I have reset my system by disciplined control of my six meals a day.  I drink allot of water and crystal light.  This has become a life-style permanent habit.  My body doesn’t feel well when I slip up so I am naturally drawn back to my new habits. 
I have even been trying the maintenance food program for the past month to make sure I can maintain a consistent weight.  But I still have 30 more pounds to lose to get to my ultimate goal of 199 pounds.  So from May through July I will go back to my “diet” and walking program to get back to losing the rest to my goal weight.  It has been so nice to know that I know how to do this and full confidence I can kick it into gear any time I wish.  I have never really been confident that I could conquer my weight problems until I found TSFL. 


Here is a link to my website that gives more details on how it works: 
http://weightlosspowerusers.com/how-it-works

No comments:

Post a Comment